Re: [css3-flexbox] computing "float" and "clear" on children of a flexbox

On 01/25/2012 11:15 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I've just now updated the spec, so that 'float' computes as normal,
> and changes the computed value of 'display' to block, but otherwise
> has no effect.  Please check that I've done it correctly!  I also
> added a line to Example 2 to illustrate this case.

Thanks!

I have one slightly-nitpicky question on the new text.  The spec now says:
 > A flexbox creates a new flexbox formatting context for its contents.
 > This is similar to a block formatting context
[...]
 > Additionally, all of the flexbox items establish new block formatting
 > contexts for their contents.

I don't think those last two lines are strictly true.  In particular,
suppose one of the flexbox items is itself a flexbox.  Then, per the
first two quoted lines, it would establish a FFC for its contents --
*not* a BFC.  (though an FFC is "similar to a BFC")

Similarly, a <table> is a flexbox item, but I don't think it establishes
a BFC for its contents, correct?  Its <td> elements do establish BFCs,
but I don't think the <table> itself does.

(Actually, I just noticed "ISSUE 3: Figure out the right terms to use
here" -- maybe the above is what this issue is about?)

~Daniel