Re: [CSS21] Issues with Ch.17 Tables

Le Mar 24 janvier 2012 16:57, Anton Prowse a écrit :
> On 24/01/2012 14:01, Simon Sapin wrote:
>> Le 23/01/2012 23:40, Anton Prowse a écrit :

[snipped]

>>> Issue 3:
>>>
>>> 17.6.1 (The separated borders model) says:
>>>
>>> # The 'border-spacing' property specifies the distance between
>>> # the borders of adjoining cells.
>>>
>>> Different cells might have different border widths, so this property
>>> actually specifies the (sharp) *minimum* distance, right?
>>
>> I think that there is no issue here. For example, with two adjoining
>> cells in the same row: from left to right, there is the content area of
>> the left cell, its right padding, its right border, then the horizontal
>> border spacing, then the left border of the right cell, then its left
>> padding, etc.
>>
>> There is no overlap between any of these so it does not matter if both
>> borders do not have the same width. Unlike the collapsing border model,
>> there is nothing special at half the border width.
>
> Actually, my point was that the space visible between the borders of
> different pairs of horizontally-adjacent cells isn't constant throughout
> the table.

That's not how it should be. If you can provide a test page showing this...

The space visible between the borders of different pairs of
horizontally-adjacent cells should be constant throughout the table and
should be settable with 'border-spacing' in table layout fixed algorithm.

By the way, I am always looking for tests to include in the CSS 2.1 test
suite.

Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011