RE: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-images] <position> grammar is duplicated or points to the wrong spec

[Tab Atkins Jr.:]

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I am referring to the pattern in Brian’s email. I think many folks will
> expect an expression like calc(100% -5px) to resolve at compute time in
> background-position, just like it would when in width.
>
> Did you mean something else?  Percentages do *not* resolve at compute-time
> in either background-position or width.  They can't - they rely on layout
> info.

That's simply not always true. If your containing block has a fixed width then
width:50% will compute to half that width. (So will calc(50%), by your own definition).

I also don’t know anyone who has any use for writing calc(50%) instead of 50% so it
may not be so obvious to people that the two are meant to be equivalent. (Though I agree
they should be)