Re: [css3-marquee] What's the state of this spec?

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:32:03 +0100, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/1/12 17:27, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:

>> In this particular case, css3-marquee isn't really equivalent to WCSS
>> -wap-marquee. From what I can tell, the former seems tied to 'overflow',
>> whereas the latter is a special value for the 'display' property. There
>> is also a difference in how the element must be rendered when all
>> iterations have finished.
>>

> In any case, does it serve a purpose now? Isn't it completely subsumed
> by CSS animations?

Apart from the bit about possibly being triggered by overflow, I guess the
effect can be approximately recreated using some extra wrapper elements
and hardcoded values.

CSS Marquee is listed as discontinued in the working group charter, by the
way.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA