Re: [css3-animations] :animating or :transitioning pseudo-class

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Jonathan Snook <jonathan@snook.ca> wrote:
>> I'm concerned that a simple :transitioning pseudo wouldn't be enough -
>> it would trigger on *every* transition, but I suspect that decent uses
>> of it would actually want to trigger only on *certain* transitions.
>> Thus, I'd need to see some decent cases that would be helped by
>> something like this before I can really evaluate its usefulness.
>
> To address the fact that it triggers on every transition, an alternative syntax could allow for narrowing down the focus:
>
> div:transitioning(opacity) { }

Yes, that was my first thought as well.  I have no idea how useful it
is without use-cases, though.

> As to the two use cases I presented, you did present alternate options that would be just as sufficient in solving those problems. Seeing step-end for arbitrary values would be very helpful.
>
> I feel like there are other potential use cases but I'm not thinking of anything practical right now.

If you come up with some, let us know!  We *usually* only want to add
features when they give you an ability that is currently impossible,
or at least very confusing or unintuitive.