Re: @import -- allow at any place in stylesheet.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/17 Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
>> We only really care about the web, since the vast vast majority of
>> pages using our tech are web pages.  Making choices that are bad for
>> the web but offer a minor benefit to non-web usage isn't a good
>> tradeoff.
>
> If we cared “only about the web” then we can throw a whole bunch of
> W3C initiatives out of the window. As it is, CSS is now caring about
> things that even some professional typesetting systems are unable to
> currently do.

Personally, I agree - we *should* throw out a whole bunch of W3C initiatives.

That's irrelevant to my point, though - CSS, specifically, is designed
around the needs of the web.  (We do take on some responsibility for
print publishing via epub, Antenna House, Prince, etc., but we've made
decisions against them in favor of the web before.)