Re: [css3-images] We should use linear RGB color space when doing gradients (and transitions, and ...)

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Witold Baryluk
<baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl> wrote:
> I guess also in Image Values 4, will be some place for linear-gradients
> based on other interpolation schemas than partially linear between
> colors stops, like cubic splines (there is no such thing in SVG either
> currently and can be somehow emulated by big number of color stops).
> Usage of cubic splines instead of linear interpolation should produce
> almost same result, but will make it slightly more smooth at color
> stops.

Possibly, yes.  I agree that other interpolation modes can be
attractive.  This depends largely on what browsers can implement with
good performance.