Re: Forums

On 6 January 2012 10:59, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> The software the W3C uses for the archives, Hypermail, looks like a dead
> project. So if you want to contribute, the first step would be to figure out
> what the W3C should be using instead. Possibly they need something that
> doesn't exist yet, in which case you could figure out what the closest thing
> is and contribute to improving it until it's good enough. Then the hardest
> part would be to actually get it installed at the W3C; but it might be
> possible to volunteer at the W3C and do that. If that doesn't work out, it's
> probably possible to do everything that's needed on a non-W3C server.

It seems like a good option would be to start a W3C community group to
organise gathering requirements and developing a replacement. I've
contacted José Kahan[1], who seems to be the person responsible for
the archives, to see if he'd be willing to help with such an effort
from the W3C side. Will let you all know if I get anywhere.

Jon

[1] http://www.w3.org/People/domain?domain=Systems#jose.kahan%40w3.org