Re: Forums

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, in general, no to forums but yes to a revamp of the online mailing
> list presentation and functionality?
>
> Who do we talk to about that? How could we progress along that path?

The software the W3C uses for the archives, Hypermail, looks like a dead
project. So if you want to contribute, the first step would be to figure
out what the W3C should be using instead. Possibly they need something that
doesn't exist yet, in which case you could figure out what the closest
thing is and contribute to improving it until it's good enough. Then the
hardest part would be to actually get it installed at the W3C; but it might
be possible to volunteer at the W3C and do that. If that doesn't work out,
it's probably possible to do everything that's needed on a non-W3C server.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us