From: Matthew Wilcox
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:33 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: [Bulk] Forums

Has the group considered using Forums instead of the mailing list?

I am having a horrible time trying to get the system to work properly
with my Gmail account, it keeps resetting itself to send replies from
my main address which the www-style list doesn't recognise (and so
doesn't post). Everything is a PITA to find and follow, if you're not
already involved in a thread it's impossible to look further back in
time than when you joined. I don't even know why the list is using my
gmail address because I signed up with my primary address (which Gmail
also sends with some magic via functionality).

A mailing list seems archaic and (to my mind) a badly implemented
communication medium for what we're doing. Forums are designed
expressly for what we're doing here on the list, having numerous
advantages and being far more useful. I don't get why we're still
using mail lists. Entropy?