Re: Proposal: Detecting JavaScript with Media Queries

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Nicholas C. Zakas
<standards@nczconsulting.com> wrote:
> I'd like to propose adding "script" support for media queries, so you can write queries such as:
>
> @media screen and (script) {
> }
>
> @media screen and not (script) {
> }
>
> This way, we'd never again have to use of these silly JS-based hacks just to change the appearance when JavaScript is enabled or disabled.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds pretty good.  The JS-based hacks are simple and easy, but
having this be a media query lets us keep our selectors simpler, and
lets the browser avoid attempting to match the other set of rules at
all.