Re: Proposal to enable -css- prefix on transform and appearance

On 2/23/2012 8:47 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>>> This specific proposal has been discussed several times on the list -
>> >
>> >  David's proposal was the best compromise I've seen in the entire
>> >  discussion. It's new, it popped up recently, and I didn't see anything in
>> >  the way of objections.
> I can't tell what's new about it. Having one prefix such as -w3c- or draft
> has been discussed a few times [1].
>
> [1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Mar/0317.html

The only bit of information I see in that thread that's truly important
is that RoC would veto it.

There's no point in anyone in webkit floating a shared prefix with
Mozilla if one of their lead developers will veto.

Given that, I'm dropping this thread, and continuing on with the
-webkit- tag soup.

We're facing greater fragmentation anyway. But at least the browsers
have a lot more feature, and CSS implementation has come a long way.

-Charles