RE: Proposal to enable -css- prefix on transform and appearance

[Charles Pritchard:]

> On 2/23/2012 1:07 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> > [Charles Pritchard:]

> is).

> >> There's a growing collection of names that are shared across
> >> implementations but are not ready to be unprefixed.
> >> This is a middle ground, proposed by David Singer, between rushing
> >> out recommendations and waiting years.
> >> As an author, I think this would be helpful. And I would prefer -css-
> >> over -draft-.
> >>
> > Just saying 'I'd like X to happen in the next beta releases' is not
> > that helpful for any topic on this list. The why and how is what matters.
> >
> > This specific proposal has been discussed several times on the list -
> > every time there is a vendor prefix discussion, really - and no
> > consensus in its
>
> David's proposal was the best compromise I've seen in the entire
> discussion. It's new, it popped up recently, and I didn't see anything in
> the way of objections.

I can't tell what's new about it. Having one prefix such as -w3c- or draft
has been discussed a few times [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Mar/0317.html

> Tab worried out-loud that it might harm vendor prefixes. I replied that,
> if a vendor prefix is used subsequently in the style sheet, things would
> work out fine.
>
> I take it from your response, that you're voting "no" on this solution.
> So it goes.

What I vote is not the issue. Re-debating the same things over and over
is tiresome. Though, again, I do appreciate that it's hard to look for

> I'll hope in private that the -webkit- and -moz- might find some agreement
> in time. They each have a lot of overlapping names.

We all have a lot of overlapping names. That's the whole point of the current
scheme...