Re: [css3-regions] page view and page layout use cases

I have added my ideas to the wiki. Actually, I thought they were my own ideas, but there seems to be substantial overlap with what is in Vincent's slides from the Paris F2F (which I missed). Primarily, I am leveraging the Paged Media spec [css3-page], so I brushed up on the ED[1] before adding my two bits to the wiki. To that, I am also proposing a pseudo-element-creating @rule (which I call @slot) within the @page rule (similar to how margin boxes are expressed), so that they can be regions, and can be styled and positioned or put into grids or whatever. But even without @slot, I think overflow:paged benefits from being able to use the entirety of the Paged Media Module, and especially named pages.

Some additional thought on @slot created boxes (be they regions or multi-col or other generated content):
• They should not themselves flow to other pages
• They should not create elements bigger than the page area of the page they are on, but could create traditional overflow (auto or hidden or visible), with 'visible' clipped to the page edges.
• I mostly imagined them as only abs-pos or grid content, and don't see a reasonable way to have 'top' or 'left' as 'auto' if positioned (unless maybe if 'right' or 'bottom' was something else), since they would exist only in the context of the @page.

1) http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-page/