Re: [css3-regions][css3-gcpm] Thoughts on Plan A and Plan B

Brad Kemper wrote:

 > >> Allow a region to be styled with the multicol
 > >> properties so that the multicol overflow mechanism, adding new
 > >> columns to the right, can be used to see all the content.
 > >
 > > These proposed changes are good.
 >
 > While I totally agree that we should be able to turn regions into
 > multicol, I find it hard to imagine a complex region layout ever
 > looking good with extra columns growing out of its right side.

Yes. It's better than just dropping the content, though. Or having one
very long (or very wide) element at the end. In paged media, the
columns may end up on different pages, so that one preserves
intra-page column widths.

However, I believe most designs will look better and be more scalable
if expressed in multicol layout.

 > Also, I think it should be important to be able to have multicol
 > regions somewhere in the middle of the flow, so that content can
 > flow from one multicol region to another, or to multicol regions on
 > multiple pages.

Indeed.

-h&kon