Re: [css3-transforms] Extending CSSOM interface

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> At least for WebKit and Mozilla there is a way to get them:
> getPropertyCSSValue(). It should be the biggest concern of CSSOM to address
> that! In the meantime we can specify the interfaces and make sure that they
> work when all browsers support either getPropertyCSSValue or another way to
> access it from CSSOM.
>
> I believe that this is one of the biggest outstanding issues on CSSOM. But
> it shouldn't block us to specify the interfaces right now. This is really
> important, since authors don't want to parse strings on their own to script
> transforms and an interface like that also avoids parsing on the browser
> and makes performance better!

The current thinking of the CSSOM editors is that the specification of
getPropertyCSSValue() and the CSS*Value types should be segregated from the
current draft and placed into a separate module/spec, e.g., "CSSOM Values".
It would be useful to hear opinions on this idea.

G.