Re: [css3-transforms] Making transform-origin a list, converting transform to comma separated

On 5/2/12 23:56, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> There is a ton of usage of the unprefixed version already, and I bet
> much of it doesn't use commas since it's just copied and pasted from
> whatever worked in Webkit.
>
> We don't have the freedom to change the unprefixed syntax in
> incompatible ways.

Then why did we change the gradient syntax in incompatible ways? How is
that different?

And what's the point of WD and prefixes if backwards compatibility is
that big an issue even in that case? If nothing can change in transforms
any more, why doesn't it move to CR?

There is a recent thread on this list by Tab & fantasai about review of
functional notation in CSS, pretty much everything suggested there would
also break backwards compatiblity in incompatible ways just as much.

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)