Re: <di>? Please?

Lea Verou wrote:

> On 5/2/12 13:44, Daniel Schattenkirchner wrote:
>
> Not quite. <di> is "supported" just as much as any other arbitrary
> element. It doesn't have anything to do with being proposed for quite a
> while, it has to do with the fault-tolerant nature of HTML parsers.

Sorry, I forgot this is www-style.

Of course, there is no real di element. I simply noticed that the
forward-compatible design of HTML5 seems to be "di friendly".
As a result it should be easier to implement the di element than a CSS
pseudo element.

> The result will be "[object HTMLUnknownElement]" in all modern browsers,
> even IE9.

I get your point. This is the quintessence of di being no real element.
But it is also simply an implementation detail which doesn't speak for
or against any new elements.

Kind regards.