Re: [css3-regions] regions forming stacking contexts

On 2/3/12 2:35 AM, Vincent Hardy wrote:
>  > Do you get a 20px tall yellow box in the first region and an 80px tall
>  > yellow box in the second one? Or just a 20px tall one in the first
>  > region? Or something else?
>
>You would get 20px in the first region and 80px in the second one.
>This is the same behavior as what happens when printing an
> absolutely positioned box.

That's not the behavior when printing in all UAs, and the printing spec
doesn't actually clearly define this to be the behavior.

> This falls out of the section 4.1 in the regions spec. stating that
> the ICB is the first region's box.

Except it doesn't.  Knowing what the ICB is says nothing about what
happens at a page boundary.

>  > What are the widths if the two regions have
>  > different widths?
>  >

> In this case, the computed style on the box width is 100% which can
> only be resolved to a used value at layout time.

Where is that defined?  I'd think that the width of the box would just
be based on its containing block, as usual, which in this case is the
ICB, which is the first region.

If that's _not_ what happens, then some spec-work is needed to make that
clear, because right now the spec says the width should not change as
far as I can see.

-Boris