Re: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-images] <position> grammar is duplicated or points to the wrong spec

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> This is true in Firefox only since we implemented 3-D transforms,
> which required changing transforms to have a computed value that is
> actually stored as a list, in order to handle the interaction of
> percentage translations with other transforms.
>
> I think I missed that it would change this behavior, and we probably
> could change it easily to compute lengths up front.

Yeah, this is probably just a bug.  WebKit seems right here.  I
suspect no sites are relying on this, since I can't think of any
possible reason an author would even think to write "transform:
inherit".  Not that that's proof of anything, but . . .

(Why do we even allow inheritance of arbitrary properties again?)