Re: [css3-cascade] Stylesheets imported in multiple places

On 12/19/12 5:09 AM, Simon Sapin wrote:
> In my understanding, this also applies to CSSOM:
>
> * Given two CSSImportRule objects with the same href, their styleSheet
> attributes are not the same object.
> * Changing one (eg. through .insertRule()) does not affect the other.
>
> Is this correct?

Yes.  Agree it should be specified.

> I agree, if only to define how exactly cycles are broken (or make it
> explicitly undefined.) For example, what is the "same" stylesheet?
> "same" should at least compare URLs after making them absolute, but
> there could be more or less normalization. Anne suggests comparing the
> serializations of parsed objects [per http://url.spec.whatwg.org/]
> without fragment identifiers.

Worth checking what UAs do in practice.  I believe Gecko compares URI
objects (which is not the same thing as comparing serializations of
parsed objects, for some URI schemes like file://) but including
fragment identifiers.  What do other UAs do?

-Boris