Re: some case-insensitivity cases to test

On 12/12/12 9:10 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> I checked the above page. And mark element test, where the k has been
> replaced with a  kelvin-K, is buggy. The test says "highlighted if
> matched". And in Safari, it gets highlighted. However, when you look at
> the DOM in the Inspector, then it is evident that it is not the kelvin
> K but the normal, lower-case k that is used in the element. (So
> javascript apparently replaces the kelvin K with the normal k.)

What presumably happens here is that createElement lowercases its input
per spec, and this lowercasing in WebKit is not ASCII-only (per spec it
should be!), leading to the observed behavior.  So that's still a
somewhat useful test, but testing the selector in WebKit probably
involves an explicit createElementNS with the non-ASCII name, since that
won't do case-folding during element creation.

-Boris