Re: [css3-values] Interaction of vw/vh and scrollbars

On 12/4/12 1:00 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> # The 'width' media feature describes the width of the
> # targeted display area of the output device. For continuous media,
> # this is the width of the viewport (as described by CSS2, section 9.1.1 [CSS21])
> # including the size of a rendered scroll bar (if any).

Awesome....

So CSS21 9.1.1 and media queries use one definition of "viewport" while
CSS21 10.1 uses a different one, apparently.  Quite lovely.

> I think it would also be weird for vh/vw units to react to the presence of a
> scrollbar while MQ still considers the viewport width to be the same.

Yeah.  Seems like we can't avoid weird no matter what we do here, as
long as UAs don't always show viewport scrollbars....

-Boris