Re: [css4-images] Questions about element()

CC Brad Kemper since this is much like rotate background tile.

On 31/08/2012 12:49 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
>
>> That good. Leads to less abuse of element() but it would be nice to be
>> able to rotate backgrounds. Just saying.........
>>

> Sure. You can have element() point to a container element with a
> transformed child to get the effect.
>
> Rob

Why does this have to be a transformed child of a container? I am now
getting lost in what is allowed and what should not be allowed.

Here is a demo [1] of one of Brad's gradient demos [2] which can not be
done by 'rotate background tile' since 'rotate background tile' is not
in the spec. In this example, element() point to a container element.
This is the same with my recent demo [3].

To be able to do any of the above would be greatly welcomed.

This demo [4] is what I consider abuse of CSS3 animation with element()
but if done sanely, certain things are possible if done with this approach.

Alan

1.
<http://css-class.com/test/css/3/image/element-gradient-rotate-animation1.htm>
2. http://bradclicks.com/cssplay/Gradient_Tiled_BG/index.html