Re: [selectors4] Requested selectors

On Aug 30, 2012 8:25 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Belov, Charles <Charles.Belov@sfmta.com>
wrote:
> > I respectfully suggest the following selectors (and apologize if
they've already been suggested and rejected):

> > E:foreign-link(0)       an E element being the source anchor of a
hyperlink of which the target is not within the current domain        The
foreign link pseudo-class   4

> > Question as to distinguishing between same (a) domain, different
subdomain and (b) different domain.

> Already in the draft!  Look at the :local-link pseudoclass.  (To get
> :foreign-link behavior, just use it with :not().)
>
> ~TJ

Why even :not()   if you provide a default link style and then a special
style for :local-links .... aren't you covering both sets?