Re: [css4-images] Questions about element()

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:

> Question 1: Will it be possible to use background-size for element()?
>
> With my first demo [2], I can't do this,
>
> #test1 {
>   background: -moz-element(#image1) 0%, -moz-element(#image1) 0% -50%,
> white;
>   background-size: 50px;
> }
>
> but in my second demo [3], I can re-size with background-size and also
> animate this with a :hover event. Please note that the referenced image is
> located in a different directory. I may have to do more testing.

Yes, it should respect background-size. I'm not sure exactly what problem
you're hitting; a simpler testcase would help.

> Question 2: Is FF doing something that the spec says is wrong? In my
> second demo [3], if you hover the referenced element (an image), it
> transforms by rotating on the z-axis and this show up also in the
> background for the element that uses element(). This seems to go against
> what the spec states.
>
>   | If the referenced element has a transform applied to
>   | it or an ancestor, the transform must be ignored
>   | when rendering the element as an image.
>   | [[!CSS-TRANSFORMS]]

Correct. Firefox doesn't follow the spec here (partly because that text was
written long after the Firefox implementation).

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]