Re: [css3-text] Better wording than "known to be language X" (was line-break questions/comments

On 08/28/2012 09:18 AM, David Singer wrote:
> One problem is the verb 'known' which implies some knowledge on the part of some reader, i.e. the verb identifies an agent outside the scope of the specification.  Perhaps it would be better to use a verb that talks about what the reader is told, rather than what they deduce or conclude?
>
> "identified as language [x]"
> "identified by the rules of the enclosing context as being in language [x]" (a bit wordy)
> "labeled as language [x]" (though some identification is not via 'labelling')

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I just went with "content language is X",
which avoids the word "known" and just relies on the definition of
"content language" (which references the appropriate rules).

~fantasai