From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:46 AM
To: Koji Ishii
Cc: Glenn Adams; W3C Style; CJK discussion (public-i18n-cjk@w3.org)
Subject: Re: [css3-text] Break opportunity between two different line-break values (was line-break questions/comments

On 08/26/2012 09:23 PM, Koji Ishii wrote:
> Forgot probably the most natural solution for CSS: use parent's value.
>
> Does anyone have preferences between "use parent's value" and "applicable only to block containers"?

"use parent's value" is what's in the spec currently:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#line-break-details

   # For soft wrap opportunities defined by the boundary between two characters,
   # the properties on the element containing the boundary control breaking.

This is the same behavior as for e.g. letter-spacing and other text wrap controls

~fantasai