Re: Comment syntax

On 8/27/12 7:07 PM, Greg Houston wrote:
> In all these years of working with CSS I'm pretty sure I've never seen
> // in a stylesheet.

I've seen it quite a bit in actual websites I've been debugging, as long
as we're swapping anecdotes...

> Regarding causing trouble for developers, I think most developers
> check their work; particularly those that minify their code.

A long trail of bug reports I've seen begs to differ.  :(

> If it looks good unminified and then suddenly does not once minified

Assuming you actually test in a UA which supports the new comment
syntax.  Which is not a given; quite a number developers seem to be
pretty happy to test with 0-2 UAs, often old versions.  Some even do a
little badge-of-pride "you must use UA X" thing on their sites.  Of
course there are many other developers who do a good job on testing, but
it doesn't take very many sites not working right for users to get
unhappy at a browser vendor.

-Boris