Re: Comment syntax

On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 01:20 -0400, Zachary “Gamer_Z.” Yaro wrote:
> Just my 2¢, but how is that different from JavaScript, which can also be
> added in HTML attributes and also has minimization tools?

When the minimization tools were written for JavaScript, JavaScript
already had comments that ran to the end of the line, so people writing
tools had to allow for it.

CSS did (does) not have comments that go to a newline, so today it's
safe to turn newlines into spaces.

Liam

The barefoot typographer - http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/
Co-author, 5th edition of "Beginning XML" - Wiley, July 2012