From: "Somnath Chandra" <schandra@mit.gov.in>
Date: Aug 22, 2012 1:39:21 PM
Subject: Re: CSS Testing Events 2012: Beijing and Paris
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, w3c-css-wg <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Cc: "slata" <slata@mit.gov.in>, "naitik tyagi" <tyaginaitik@gmail.com>, "prashant verma" <vermaprashant1@gmail.com>, "MAHESH KULKARNI" <mdk@cdac.in>, "Richard" <ishida@w3.org>

 Hello Fantasai and W3C CSS Standard,

We would like to have a similar event in India to test the CSS w.r.t the complexities of Indian Languages. W3C India has already investigated CSS 3.0 Standards and their implementation challenges for Indic Languages. It also requires review of Unicode Line Breaking and Text Segmentation algorithms.

A group under the Internationalization Interest Group has already been formed named "Indic Layout Task Force" (http://www.w3.org/International/groups/indic-layout/).

It would be great , if such an event could be organized in India , which will sensitize the developer community and other stake holders in India. We may host it at W3C India Office at New Delhi.

Looking forward for your further views on this.

Best Regards,
Somnath
Dr. Somnath Chandra
Dy. Country Manager , W3C India Dept. of Electronics &Information Technology
Govt. of India
Tel:+91-11-24364744,24301811
Fax: +91-11-24363099
e-mail :schandra@mit.gov.in, somnath@w3.org

On 08/22/12, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>  Hello CSS standardization experts and enthusiasts!
> Adobe is helping to organize a cross-community "Test the Web Forward" event
> on 20-21 October 2012 in Beijing and on 26-27 October 2012 in Paris.
> The goal is to teach people to write W3C good conformance tests and get
> more people involved in CSS testing. If you are interested in participating
> as a CSS expert to help guide other participants, particularly if you can
> speak Chinese/French, let us know!
>
> For Beijing the plan is to focus on the following test suites:
>   - CSSOM View
>   - CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders
> Flexbox is also under consideration. But it really depends on who can show
> up to be the guiding expert on these things, and that's where you come in!
>
> ~fantasai

Dr. Somnath Chandra
Scientist-D
Dept. of Information Technology