Re: [cssom] .style on CSSFontFaceRule and CSSPageRule should probably not be CSSStyleDeclarations as that interface is currently defined

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> > Alternatively, we could freeze the set of
> > named properties (e.g., to only some or all of what was defined in
> > CSS2Properties), and require other properties to be accessed via
> > getPropertyValue etc.
>
> Oh god no.  That's a horrible interface.  Everyone in the world just
> uses el.style.foo to access properties, and that needs to continue
> working as we add new things.

I'm just generating ideas here. It depends what we want to consider
canonical legacy behavior (that we wish to propagate forward) versus legacy
behavior we support only for backwards compatibility. I don't have a strong
value judgement either way at this point on this issue.