Re: [cssom] serialize a CSS declaration block

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Daniel Glazman <
daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:

> Le 21/08/12 05:58, Glenn Adams a écrit :
>
>  http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/**raw-file/tip/cssom/Overview.**
>> html#serialize-a-css-**declaration-block<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/raw-file/tip/cssom/Overview.html#serialize-a-css-declaration-block>
>>

> Can the case of item 3, an empty property value, actually happen or is it
> just a sanity case? I've never seen something like that and I'm a
> _heavy_ CSS OM user...

I originally drafted it without sub-item 3; however, I then reviewed the
language under getPropertyValue() from DOM-2 Style which says:

getPropertyValue
Used to retrieve the value of a CSS property if it has been explicitly set
within this declaration block.
*Parameters*
propertyName of type DOMStringThe name of the CSS property. See the *CSS
property index* <http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/propidx.html>.
*Return Value*

DOMString

Returns the value of the property if it has been explicitly set for this
declaration block. Returns the empty string if the property has not been
set.

So I added sub-item 3 as a catch-all for this case. However, on reflecting,
item() would have to return a property name for which there no value to be
relevant in this context, so perhaps we simply need to prohibit item() from
enumerating a value-less property.