Re: List of selectors under consideration for Selectors Level 4?

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> On 08/16/2012 11:22 AM, Greg Houston wrote:
>>

>> How do you write the opposite of .panel>  header>  .btn?
>> :matches(!panel>  :matches(!header>  .btn))
>

> Not sure what you mean by "opposite". If you want to select the
> .panel instead of the .btn, you write
>
>   !.panel > header > .btn
>
> ~fantasai

Ah. I misunderstood the scope of the !. I was thinking it only worked
with two elements, but from what you wrote it seems to change the
direction of all the selectors following it regardless of how many
there are. I think if the example in the draft was !OL > LI:only-child
> a instead of just OL > LI:only-child this would be a lot clearer.

.row > .span3 > :matches( !.panel > header > .float-right > .btn) > footer
Would the above be the selector for a footer that is a child of .row >
.span3 > .panel when that .panel contains > header > .float-right >
.btn?