Re: [css-variables] TLDR: get free hugs by reading this message entirely

My own take for whatever it is worth:

- fix the name, we appear to have wide agreement on that
- once you change the name var doesn't make as much sense
- the general pattern in keeping with css left/right values where the left
value is a fn seems like a winner from all I have seen.

If we get that far, I will be happy enough :)