Re: Thinking about mixins as a new type of selector

On Sunday 2012-08-12 22:37 +0200, François REMY wrote:
> The main issue is that this loop back. You have to resolve all
> matching rules to know what the value of "matches" is, but then you
> have to rematch again, which may changes the value of "matches"
> again. Potentially, this can become an inifinite loop.

So the 'matches' wasn't intended to be a normal property:  the idea
was that it would be additive rather than cascading/overriding; I
think Tab's @-rule syntax might be better.

(I actually started writing the email hoping to post no syntax at
all, but couldn't figure out an easy way to do so.)

-David