Re: [cssom-view] value of scrollLeft in RTL situations is completely busted across browsers

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Matitiahu Allouche <
matitiahu.allouche@gmail.com> wrote:

> My view is that working in RTL should be symmetrical to working in LTR.
> Thus, scrollLeft=0 should correspond to the logical starting point of the
> page both for LTR and for RTL. For LTR, that will  be on the left side and
> for RTL that will be on the right side.
> Increasing positive values of scrollLeft will reflect going forward in the
> page direction, to the right for LTR and to the left for RTL.
>
> The name "scrollLeft" is not suggestive of such a behavior. Maybe it
> should be changed to "scrollHorizontal" or something else which does not
> reflect a LTR bias.

We have to have a property called "scrollLeft", for Web compatibility
reasons.

We do have the option of introducing a new scrollHorizontal property that
works differently from scrollLeft.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]