Re: [css3-conditional] value of CSSSupportsRule.conditionText

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 02:19:07 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Ah, yes, I see.  You can only trigger the special "insert a comment"
> rule if you know that you're in a selector context, and we'd like to
> avoid requiring that knowledge.
>
> Okay, then yeah, comments will need to be preserved (at least the
> presence of them, though not their contents), unless we change the
> rule that allows comments there in the first place. ^_^

Rather than write fancy serialization rules that modify a string
we don't know how to interpret in ways we hope will not modify it's
interpretation, I think just preserving the string as it was in the
stylesheet is by far the easiest and foolproof approach.

  - Florian