Re: [css3-conditional] value of CSSSupportsRule.conditionText

On Monday 2012-08-06 09:11 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > I'm inclined to agree with Cameron's original suggestion that
> > comments be preserved, because I don't see any other option that
> > preserves arbitrary syntax so that it can be re-parsed to get the
> > same result.
>
> I think my suggestion above satisfies this requirement.

I don't see how it helps.

In particular, I think it would probably be a good idea if
serialization rules we came up with for variables or @supports were
able to handle some of the contents being selectors rather than
property values -- and to do so correctly without knowing whether
the contents were selectors or property values.

Otherwise I worry we'd have trouble extending these concepts to
cover selectors if we wanted to do so in the future.

-David