Re: [css4-images] element() behavior

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was talking about appearance, not CSS inheritance.
> The image will look as if it has alpha and should render with alpha
> according to the element() spec. The stacking context that #src belongs to,
> has alpha.

And where this "should render with alpha according to the element() spec"
comes from?

Do you mean this:
"That is, the image must look identical to the
referenced element, modulo rasterization quality." ?

If "yes" then "look identical" term appears as quite
permissive by itself. Two boxes can be treated as looking
identical even they use different fill color.

Term "rasterization quality" in CSS specification looks enthetic.
Why it is mentioned there at all?

And the whole element() thing treats rendering with
transform:skew(30deg); and without it for example as identical
for some reason. Looks like an artificial hack trying to solve
particular use case.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com