Re: device-pixel-ratio

On 2012/04/25 10:50 (GMT+0200) Florian Rivoal composed:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:39:00 +0200, fantasai wrote:

>>  I don't understand how it's any better than resolution: 2ddpx;

> I proposed it when it wasn't clear that resolution meant the same thing.
> Now that it does, and given a little time to make sure implementations
> get it right and implement dppx, I think evangelists, tutorial writers
> etc should switch from teaching device-pixel-ratio to teaching resolution.
> Hopefully, authors will follow before long.

Hopefully the final spec will induce authors to clear the word resolution
from their vocabularies and usage. They should be developing resolution
independently. Resolution should not matter to authors any more than to
anyone else, which is to say not at all beyond point of display purchase,
where choosing the highest possible resolution should result in the highest
quality results, rather than as it is now in most desktop cases at a penalty
of what is in effect unzooming the entirety of the desktop.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/