RE: [css3-flexbox] One final round of bikeshedding on property/value names?

[Alex Mogilevsky:]

> ± From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com] ± Sent: Monday, April
> 16, 2012 4:34 PM ± ± 'flex-align' becomes 'content-align'
> ± 'flex-item-align' becomes 'box-align'
> ± 'flex-line-pack' becomes 'content-pack'
> ± 'flex-pack' becomes 'content-justify'
>
> I am not a fan of moving to generic properties, I can't say I am perfectly
> happy with current naming. 'flex-item-align' and 'flex-line-pack' aren't
> the best names I've seen.
>
> Do we have better ideas, or can we apply Fanatai's thinking within the
> "flex-" set?

As a prefix I find 'content' to be especially generic and thus void of meaning.
If this property will only impact a specific display type then it is useful and
relevant for the name to reflect that. I've found premature naming abstraction to
lead to confusion.