RE: [css4-color] Grayscale shorthand (with alpha)

That's another good question.

Would love to hear more from the design perspective before going far down the "let's build something we think they want (but isn't really what they would want)".

-Brian

From: Rik Cabanier [mailto:cabanier@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:27 PM
To: Brian Manthos
Cc: Tab Atkins Jr.; Rudolph Gottesheim; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [css4-color] Grayscale shorthand (with alpha)

Brian,

are you trying to achieve a colorimetrically correct gray?
I think people just want to go from gray(22) to rgb(22, 22, 22)...

Rik
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com<mailto:brianman@microsoft.com>> wrote:
My curiosity is more about...

Why is "perfect gray" special vs. the near-grays?

For example, are designers only interested in rgb(22, 22, 22, <somealpha>) or also rgb(22, 27, 32, <somealpha>)?