Re: [css3-background] blending on 'box-shadow' and 'text-shadow'

You want to be able to each "layer" in the CSS regardless of its content
(image, text, svg, a color).
So in order of importance, we need:
1. a property for the whole element. It conceptually renders the element in
its own buffer and then blends it (like opacity)
2. a property that can target a background layer. Each background layer
would blend with its backdrop.
3. a property for each shadow
4. a property for the text content

I agree that many specs would have to change to introduce all these
keywords which is not a trivial endeavor...

Rik