Re: [css3-background] blending on 'box-shadow' and 'text-shadow'

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I think this problem should be solved more generically, rather than
> adding keywords to random properties. For example, the `difference`
> blending mode could be used on text color to make it more legible
> regardless of background. Or, blending modes on borders and/or backgrounds
> could produce quite interesting effects.

That's what I'm trying to do. See an early draft here:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/rawfile/tip/compositing/index.html
Shadows are unique in that people generally want to blend the shadow but
not the element itself. I'm not sure how you cold change the shadow apart
from adding a keyword to the box-/text-shadow attribute.

> They could also replace the `invert` keyword on `outline`.

Maybe a function that can be used in place of any <color> value?

I'm not sure if I understand. Can you elaborate?