RE: [css3-animations] animation-direction values

[Dean Jackson:]

> On 29/03/2012, at 12:08 PM, fantasai wrote:
>
> > The initial value of animation-direction is 'normal'. To be consistent
> > with 'marquee-direction' (and also to be clearer in contrast with
> > 'reverse'), I suggest renaming it to 'forward'.
>
> Do you mean "forwards"? That adds a slight point of potential confusion
> since animation-fill-mode takes forwards/backwards/etc (backwards not
> reverse).
>
> Dean

Animations are implemented across 4 browsers and sees sufficient use that
the WG wants to push the spec along the standard track. (We even discussed
whether to unprefix at LC not long ago) Renaming this value does not seem
helpful in such a context. There is a point beyond which making changes for
the sake of naming consistency become more expensive than they're worth. I
think we have been past that point for some time now.

We added two values to this property last week to round out its behavior.
I'd like to leave it alone unless there is compelling evidence that there
is an issue that needs fixing.