Re: [css3-values] syntax identity of <url> (was: [css4-values] Templated URLs)

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:25 AM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to note that as I am watching all of these threads fly by I felt
> some dissonance between a few of these caused by the example used here...
>
> On the one hand, we have Tab's proposal for pseduo-element combinator...  it
> makes sense that ::after really is something wholly different, especially as
> it relates to shadow dom and the components work.   On the other hand it
> appears that this example wants to treat them as the same.  Is there a
> disconnect or is the example wrong?

I assume you mean how attr() in a pseudo-element refers to the superior parent?

That's just a nice convenience, since pseudo-elements don't have
attributes at all, just tagnames and (potentially) pseudo-classes and
pseudo-elements.

~TJ