Re: [css-variables] Should var properties respect !important?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com> wrote:
> In the example above, the last !important of data-foo is used too make
> data-foo important, and the first one ends up being its value. When data-foo
> is expanded into background color, it puts !important at the end, and 2b
> says that we should ignore it when it is there.
>
> I say that this should make the value of background-color invalid.

Oh, I see.  Yes, that's another valid option.  Then, modulo the
effects I described of having the invalidity occur in the var property
versus the property that uses the variable, this is (2a) - pay
attention to trailing !important, but !important anywhere else is a
syntax error.