Re: Inclusion of :drag-over in CSS4 UI

On 28/09/2011 4:46 AM, fantasai wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 10:22 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
>> fantasai wrote:
>>> Like, we need to cut off and ship CR at some point. :)
>>
>> There have been enough non-trivial fixes and in particular the
>> specification of text-overflow, and there's already been one publisher
>> that errantly read/cited an obsolete 2003 CSS3-Text CR for
>> text-overflow rather than the Editor's CSS3-UI draft.
>>
>> I'm considering calling for the publication of a LCWD with open
>> issues, knowing that once those are resolved, there will be (at least)
>> another LCWD before a CR.
>>
>> Any objections to publishing a CSS3-UI LCWD with known open issues?
>
> Well, what are the open issues? Let's work on them and get them resolved.
> I haven't seen them on the agenda ever: maybe all it takes is spending
> some WG time on them so we can knock them off the list.
>
> ~fantasai

I thought text overflow is an open issue.

(may I state that overflow itself is being defined in many CSS3 and CSS4
modules with no common behavior between them, ei. writing-mode and grid).

Also, the behavior of ellipsis (and overflow) needs to be defined when
they appear in an element with overflow with either values of auto or
scroll. I explained this in May [1]. Another test case is below. What
should happen?

(just wondering if FF6 has dropped support)

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

div {
    overflow: auto;
    margin: 1em;
    height: 6em;
    width: 400px;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

span { background: green; border-right: 2px solid red }
span span { border-right: 2px solid lime }

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011May/0145.html

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/