Re: Inclusion of :drag-over in CSS4 UI

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 18:33, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM, David Chambers
> > <david.chambers.05@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> This would indeed be an excellent feature!
> >> David

> which

> CSS4

> > How about just :dropzone?
>
> This makes sense (suggestion, comments).

> > I agree. This is very useful. Would love to add this to WebKit.
>
> That's good to hear.

Just to be clear. I'm not representing the official WebKit opinion here. All
I can do is advocate for it. If another WebKit reviewer is opposed to it I
can't guarantee it'll get in. That said, I don't expect opposition for this
specific feature.

> Two (checkbox) choices:
>
> 1. :drop-zone - spec'd as Firefox implements
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/:-moz-drag-over - added to
> *CSS3-UI*, since it sounds like a WebKit implementation would be
> imminent, thus being CR-ready in short order.
>
> 2. :valid-drop-zone, :invalid-drop-zone - spec'd as a :drop-zone that
> is valid/invalid per Tab's suggested text (edited), added to
> *CSS4-UI*, since there are zero implementations today.
>   :valid-drop-zone - a drop zone that accepts the type of data being
> dragged
>   :invalid-drop-zone - a drop zone that doesn't accept the type of
> data being dragged
>
> Thoughts?
>
> I'm fine with both options (thus adding all three).

Adding all three seems unnecessary and I don't think we should decide this
based of the CR-readyness. I don't see any disadvantages to option 2 and I
can see use-cases for caring about validness of drop zones.